Sunday, November 13, 2016

Saponification Saturday


 I took these soap photos on Saturday, so even though it is technically Sunday now, I own this blog (me and Blogger) and I get to pick the post titles. Popular vote agrees, and since there is no Electoral College here in the Looney Bin, Sapaonification Saturday it is.



First and foremost, thanks to all of you who bought out ALL my soaps featured on last weeks Saponification Saturday. Soap went to Idaho, Maryland, Florida and Ohio plus a couple local folks who dropped by. It's not a huge income for us, but it certainly helps. Grazie.


This weeks soap is a deeply sensual  number made with pure Frankincense essential oil. I've not soaped with this EO before, it's on the expensive side but it seemed appropriate foe the upcoming season, because we all know when the wise men gifted baby Jesus with this wonderful scent it was in the form of homemade soap. To learn more about this amazing EO check out THIS SITE.

The rest of the soap is made with powdered charcoal which is wonderful for oily skin, so these bars would make great gifts for any acne prone folks in your lives. 

All of my soap bars are a nice big handful, weighing in at approximately 5.5 oz. The price of each bar is $5 plus postage. I have just 6 of the charcoal bars above, but many more bars of all colors are being produced in the next couple weeks. If interested email me at opies99@gmail.com. All my soap is first come first serve,and it's unlikely I'll ever make the same bar again exactly the same. Artists are not known for their stability.  


UPDATE:  11/13/16    8 pm.  You people are the best. Charcoal soaps are all sold out. More will be made. I promise. 

11 comments:

  1. GAWWD - they look like chocolate . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good enough to eat. did you get your broiler birds done and how long have you had your plucking machine? We are pleased with ours but it not too good for the ducks so hand plucking it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun with these, an experimental pouring technique that worked! No on the broilers, we were planning to do today and lost power (dang utility company, how I wish we generated our own electricity) so we've rescheduled until Thursday when it's supossed to be warm and sunny.

      Delete
  3. I concur with Sharon that these soaps do look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me waited. Me lost. Me sad. Please put me on the 'wait list' for the next batch of Frankincense oil soap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. I've been reading it since I found the article in the News-Gazette. While reading the link about frankensense today, I scrolled down and saw that the site is anti vaccination. I'm now curious about your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never vaccinated my soaps but if people want to after they have purchased them, that would be their choice.

      Delete
    2. I have never vaccinated my soaps but if people want to after they have purchased them, that would be their choice.

      Delete

Comments are good, as long as you're a real person and not some goof telling me how you were cured of hepatitis by snorting a pulverized neon blue crayon. Your comments don't even have to agree with my viewpoint, I love a good discussion, but civility does matter.