Saturday, September 24, 2016

Saponification Saturday





This weeks soap is a citrus creation because with all the Marigolds and Warty Pumpkins on our farm, I'm in an orange mood. 












Made with coconut, sweet almond, castor and an olive oil/rice bran oil mix, (the soap, not the pumpkin) it is colored with tumeric powder and titanium dioxide. The erratic EKG looking lines are very high tech. I create them with a stainless steel pastry blender.

Keeping those costs down by using funky kitchen items, that's how I roll.

These bars are scented primarily with orange essential oil with a bit of grapefruit EO to add another layer of scent. They smell fresh and bright and would be a great morning shower soap bar, or again a great bar for the kitchen because the orange is good at removing onion, fish and other strong food aromas.

They will be ready to ship October 1. Price is just $5 for a large (over 5 oz) bar plus postage. If interested email me at opies99@gmail.com with your address and I'll tell you the shipping amount. I have just six of these available.

10 comments:

  1. That soap is extremely beautiful and must smell like Heaven ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of those pumpkins, too good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're using them for decoration only, however the smooth pie pumpkins we also grew? So going to be pie!

      Delete
  3. I'm new here. Soap is on my list of things to learn how to do. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome hoosier girl! Making soap is not hard but like so many other homesteader duties, it just takes time. Always best to work side by side with someone to see them do it firsthand but if thats not possible please check out, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6ttCSrLJI she is one of best for teaching soap.

      Delete
  4. Donna these are beautiful! Do you have a list of the soaps you have available? Anything unscented and mild for babies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a couple of soap bars from last week available, made from colostrum, unscented and non-colored. Wonderful for babies. You can see them on my Sept 16 post. If you'd like them email me at opies99@gmail.com. Thanks

      Delete
  5. That looks wonderful and I bet it smells amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soap sounds delicious!! But, alas, I've learned from experience to make mine without scents, fruity blobs or scratchy bits to irritate my itchy spots. Mind you, I have been known to buy very fragrant bars, use them as air scenters & give them away later . . .

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good, as long as you're a real person and not some goof telling me how you were cured of hepatitis by snorting a pulverized neon blue crayon. Your comments don't even have to agree with my viewpoint, I love a good discussion, but civility does matter.