Sunday, October 9, 2016

Saponification Saturday or is it Sunday?

Took a little overnight trip up to the Quad Cities with my three sisters and so lost track of the days. That's my excuse for this weekend anyway.

Pumpkin is all over our farm and in my kitchen so why not put some in my soap as well? I found a recipe on line and it worked real well. Using 4 oz of pureed pumpkin to replace 4 oz of water in my lye water and using cinnamon and orange essential oils plus a small amount of clove powder, resulted in a wonderful autumnal bar of soap.





The soap is two layers varying only slightly in color intensity and has a textured top. As with my other soaps they are a hefty 5.5 oz and only $5 each plus shipping. Each bar is made of Coconut, Olive, Castor and Sweet Almond oils. There are only seven bars available. Please email me (opies99@gmail.com) to order and be sure to tell me your address so I can give you the total amount. I take Paypal or check.

5 comments:

  1. Looks (and sounds) good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are indeed a couple of bite marks in some of the bars. I believe while I was gone this weekend my husband nibbled on them out of desperation

      Delete
  2. The shower must certainly smell wonderful, Donna, and no baking involved,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the manure we deal with on a daily basis, it is nice to shower with real soap that removes both the bad smells and the bits of farm debris we always carry with us.

      Delete
  3. I learned about you from Two Men and a Little Farm. Will you be making some special Christmas soaps? They'd make lovely gifts.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good, as long as you're a real person and not some goof telling me how you were cured of hepatitis by snorting a pulverized neon blue crayon. Your comments don't even have to agree with my viewpoint, I love a good discussion, but civility does matter.